At Stellar Creative Lab we live, breathe and love animation. A culture that is creative. A home for your talent. We hire stars – work with the best in the industry. Work with Us.
Stellar Creative Lab is looking for Storyboard Artists for a new DreamWorks CG Animation Television series. This series requires the ability to board action sequences and/or comedy. You should thrive under pressure, work well in a team environment and are passionate about storytelling.
What We Need:
- Collaborate with the Director and Creative Stakeholders to discuss storytelling direction, design requirements, and expected level of polish for each episode.
- Work under the guidance of the Director and/or Storyboard Supervisors.
- Pitch thumbnails or rough storyboards to the director and creative department heads.
- Provide various stages of storyboard art – from thumbnails all the way to digitally cleaned-up storyboard panels, with attention to clarity and entertainment value.
- Talent for staging, shot composition, screen direction and cutting for effective Storytelling.
- Ensuring continuity from shot-to-shot in assigned sequences, as well as collaborating with other story artists to ensure continuity from sequence to sequence.
- Ensure storyboards align with the creative goals of the leadership team, deadlines, and storytelling objectives.
- Work closely with editorial to provide materials to be cut into the story reel.
- Collaborate with pre-visualization artists to ensure a smooth transition into 3D.
- Provide status updates, troubleshoot, and review potential changes on a regular basis with production staff.
Your Experience, Talents and Abilities:
- Industry experience as a storyboard artist with a focus on action and/or comedy.
- Experience boarding for 3D CG-series is a definite asset.
- Excellent drawing and staging skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, camera work and character acting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Storyboard Pro and Photoshop.
- Understanding digital file management protocols.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work efficiently on a timeline, while maintaining consistency and quality
- Eligible to work in B.C.
In response to the COVID – 19 pandemic, Stellar Creative Lab is able to offer the following benefits:
- the option to work at the studio as well as remotely across British Columbia
- ongoing health and safety training
- support for your ergonomic workspace at home