Full-Time 2D FX Artist
2D FX Artist
Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for a 2D FX Artist who is responsible for designing and animating stock and episodic FX in Harmony Scenes. This role reports directly to the FX Supervisor and Art Director.
– Design FX appropriate for the scenes and in the style of the production in a timely manner.
– Hand-Animate custom FX for scenes in the style of the production.
– Create particle systems in Harmony and integrate it into the scene.
– Reuse and reanimate stock FX to best match the FX needs in a scene.
– Prioritize and propose FX solutions that match the quality and expectations of the production.
– Manage and maintain FX stock material in a library used by the FX team.
– Strong sense of design and graphic appeal for FX animation — as the FX on the show will be stylized and designed to fit into the show itself.
– An ability to match the FX design to the design-language in the production.
– An ability to match the FX timing and movement to existing animation in a scene.
– Strong design and drawing skills in Harmony.
– Strong sense of timing and appeal in movement.
– Strong technical understanding of Harmony scenes.
– An ability to understand and work within other artists’ scenes.
– Good time management and prioritization skills.
– A strong creative portfolio.
Please apply here: https://gurustudio.com/job/?gh_jid=4576076002
591 total views, 19 today