|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
I am a Brooklyn-born artist working towards a career in animation and/or gaming industry. I dream to become an expert in drastic measures, bizarre characters, and mind-tingling worlds.
Besides my art, I have extensive experience in research. I received my Master’s in Animal Behavior and Conservation at Hunter College as of Spring 2016. Due to having a burning passion for both art and the sciences, I am also interested in science communication, media, and education.
I hope to someday to not only to explore new avenues in storytelling but to also combine my scientific expertise and curiosity with my artistic skills to create new educational tools and general fun, nerdy things.
Current Continuing Education Program
School of Visual Arts, NY, NY
June 2016 MA in Psychology (Animal Behavior and Conservation)
CUNY Hunter College, NY, NY
MBRS-RISE Fellow, Psi Chi Honor Society Member
June 2011 BA in Biology and Animation
Bennington College, Bennington, VT
Sept 2010-June 2011 Animation Monitor, Bennington College, Bennington, VT
• Instructed students on using animation programs and equipment.
Jan 2011-Feb 2011 Intern, Buzzco Associates Inc, New York, NY
• Worked on an individual animation project.
• Completed Administrative duties. (filling, printing, emails, etc.)
Jan 2010-Feb 2010 Intern, World Leaders Entertainment, New York, NY
• Assisted in production (paneling, inking, organizing templates and arranging Excel sheets).
• Completed Administrative duties (filling, printing, emails, etc.)
OTHER EXPERIENCE- KIDS/EDUCATION
Sept 2016- Current Animal Maintainer, Brooklyn Children’s Museum, Brooklyn, NY
• Maintained animal enclosures, exhibits and equipment
• Fed and handled museum animals
• Maintain animals for health, cleanliness, and welfare
• Participated in children educational programs (“Animal Adventures”)
• Instructed educators on animal facts and handling of animals
Oct 2012–May 2014 Bookseller, Barnes & Nobles, Brooklyn, NY
• Organized magazines, books and other products for display
• Advised customers in making purchases and returns (answering customer concerns, placing customer orders, communicating store policy, etc.)
• Advised customers about book genres and gave suggestions
• Participated in promotional book events for kids (providing materials, assisting children with materials, acting out scripts, etc.).
OTHER EXPERIENCE- SCIENCE RESEARCH
Feb 2014-June 2016 Research Aide, Hunter College, NY, NY
Mentor: Dr. Thomas Preuss, Psychology Department
• Engaged in research on spatial attention, seasonal, multimodal integration and social status effects on startle behavior in goldfish and African cichlid fish
• Analyzed and organized data using parametric and nonparametric statistics
• Analyzed video for open-field and anxiety-related behavior using tracking software
• Trained new/junior lab members and assisted/advised in their lab projects
• Performed behavioral/focal observations, marking, fish care and other maintenance duties.
Sept 2003-Aug 2009 Research Intern/ Assistant, American Museum of Natural History, NY, NY
Mentor: Dr. Ethel Tobach, Mammalogy Department
• Completed individual project on the effects of captivity time on activity and social behavior in marine mammals at the Central Park zoo.
• Participated in meta-analysis involving social behavior of captive Japanese Macaques (Macaca fuscata) at the Central Park zoo
• Extensive research using museum archives and databases
• Analyzed data with non-parametric statistics
• Created graphs and figures for presentations
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Final Cut Pro
- Toon Boom Harmony
- Storyboard Pro
- Clip Studio Paint
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Administrative duties, animation, crafts, illustration, organization, Public Speaking
Groups & Associations
- MBRS-RISE, Psi Chi, Women In Animation (WIA)
295 total views, 1 today