Illustrator, 2D Animator, Character Designer
- Janice Carter
A lifelong artist with skills in illustration, character design, 2D animation, graphic design, and storyboarding. I strive
to work and collaborate well with other artists as a team. Bachelor of Fine Arts & Animation degree earned at Ball
State University (Muncie, IN).
BFA in Animation, Ball State University
Aug 2014 – May 2018
● Overall GPA: 3.5
● Gained knowledge and skills in traditional
fine arts, graphic design, and 2D/3D
● Senior Thesis: Created character designs,
character animation, and concept art for my
2018 demo reel.
Gerardy Photography – Escondido, CA
Aug 2019 – Current
● Seasonal in-house Digital Photo Lab
Technician for school photos in the
surrounding San Diego County area.
● Photo editing and retouching experience
using Photoshop and Pixel Click software
Quanteus Entertainment – Atlanta, GA
Aug – Dec 2018
● Freelance animator for sizzle reel project.
Utilized Adobe Animate for hand-drawn and
2D rig animation, animatic, and concept art.
Video compositing in Premiere Pro.
Short-film Production, Ball State University
May 2016 – Dec 2018
● The Gallery (2017) – Involved in the
production of this 3D VR short-film by the
Senior animation class. Produced character
designs, concept art, and 3D animated
● Forgotten Flora (2017) – First time trained
on Adobe Animate (Flash) to animate,
cleanup, and color when working on this
● Oliver (2016) – First experience working on
an animated film. I helped with animation,
cleanup, and color using Toon Boom
Jul 2016 – Current
● Freelance artist fulfilling client work that
ranges from illustration, graphic design, and
● Amaya Meets her Family (TBA) – Vista, CA
Illustrator for upcoming children’s book
series. Utilizing Adobe Photoshop for the
digital illustration process.
● Samuel Stone Enterprises LLC – Vista, CA
Logo designer for this company’s new logo.
Sketches done in Photoshop with the
finalization of work in Illustrator.
● The Republic – Columbus, IN
First publication of illustration work as a
contracted illustrator for the article, The
Magic of the Mouse, (She magazine).
Adobe Photoshop used for digital
Conservation Tales – Muncie, IN
Jul – Dec 2017
● Illustrator for a Children’s book series,
Conservation Tales, that informs the
importance of conserving species to young
● Photoshop used for illustrations.
Digital Corps – Muncie, IN
Aug – Dec 2016
● Design Apprentice trained on Adobe products for graphic design that includes Photoshop, Illustrator,
and After Effects.
David Owsley’s Museum of Art – Muncie, IN
● Portrait Sketch Artist at Final Friday Event (March 18, 2016).
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Animate/Flash
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- ToonBoom Harmony
- Storyboard Pro
- Autodesk Maya
- Traditional art media
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Exel
- collaborate, data entry, Drawing, inventory, Online Sales, team work
248 total views, 1 today