Full-Time Technical Director
We have a very exciting and rare opportunity for a talented individual to join our experienced team.
Funko Animation Studios are an awarding winning animation production company based in the heart of Bath; we produce work of the very highest calibre. In recent years Funko has become established as a global pop culture phenomenon; working with Lucas Films, Marvel, Disney, DC Comics, Warner Bros, and Microsoft. The animated content produced at Funko Animation Studios in Bath heralds a new era of original Funko animation.
We are looking for a Technical Director to provide pipeline installation and scripting to aid and streamline the animation workflow.
Previous experience in animation is essential. The ideal candidate will come to this role with a thorough understanding of animation pipelines and workflow. Working closely with the rest of the studio team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining departmental tools for use on animation, VFX and other such projects. You will be able to devise and implement a logical system for in-house use and will provide team members with the relevant training required to operate within the new system.
You will be working with a wide range teams; Animators, riggers, modellers, lighters and compositors, improving upon our existing pipeline as well as liaising closely with the Production team.
The role is offered on short-term freelance consultancy-based contract with an immediate start. The Technical Director will report to our in-house Company Executives.
We produce content across a range of animation styles with a well-established CG unit and emerging 2D team. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, organised, able to use their initiative and generally make themselves indispensable in this fast-paced and rewarding environment.
The ideal candidate’s skillset will include (essential):
• Extensive animation industry experience
• Writing and modifying computer code to solve problems related to animation or workflow as they arise on a project-by-project basis
• The ability to act as a liaison for communicating technical issues to Production
• Develop departmental tools and processes to meet production requirements
• Solid understanding of rendering techniques, shaders, physics, lighting, etc.
• Proficiency with Maya, Houdini and/or similar software
• Demonstrates understanding of optimization
• Able to quickly understand in-house tools and provide feedback on improving pipelines and tool sets
• Works in an organised and timely fashion with the ability to remain calm and work efficiently to tight deadlines
• The ability to educate team members, with a proven track-record of training and mentoring other artists with how to work on pipeline and departmental tools
• Good time management skills and efficient development processes, with the ability to apply these principles towards effectively meeting schedules and deadlines
• To be detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
• Excellent problem solver, communicator, and team-player
• Willingness to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
Software currently used in-house is as follows:
• Maya (Autodesk)
• Adobe Suite & Adobe Premier
• Toon Boom Harmony
• TV Paint
• After Effects
• Logic Pro
• Pro Tools
• Substance Painter
• Red Giant
• Royal Render
• Sublime Text
Experience working with the software listed is highly desirable.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to work at our studio located in Bath, UK.
Apply via our Jobs Page:
1302 total views, 7 today