Full-Time Technical Director – Modeler
The Technical Director Modeler is responsible for modeling high quality characters, props and environments that both adhere to set artistic styles as well as meet performance requirements as determined by the needs of the production. The TD is responsible for creation, maintenance and support of the digital assets, responding to guidance and review notes from the director as well as creative and technical supervisors. Digital assets must meet standards and specifications with respect to appearance and aesthetics, pipeline compliance and performance.
• Work under the direction of the Visual Effects Supervisor to create polygonal mesh and nurbs surface models from concept art, reference imagery or product specifications.
• Ensure that all characters and props exemplify the project’s artistic style.
• Maintain quality standards ensuring appropriate density, proper edge flow, smoothing and pipeline integration.
• Balance model quality and performance without sacrificing the essence of the artistic concept.
• Perform UV unwrapping as needed.
• Work proactively to solve technical and artistic issues.
• Ensure that all work is of the highest quality possible.
• Facilitate open communication with production staff and management.
• Adhere to schedules determined by production management.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Maya, Zbrush, Modo and Max a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in design, digital art or animation is highly desired.
• Ability to program in a scripting language such as Mel or Python.
• Strong artistic eye and ability to adapt to a variety of aesthetic styles.
• Ability to translate traditional 2D paintings and artwork into 3D.
• Understanding of form, volume, composition and surface texture.
• Knowledge of muscular and skeletal anatomy of both humans and animals.
• Ability to quickly address and solve technical and artistic issues.
• Ability to learn and use new software as needed.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, enabling effective work in a team setting.
• Ability to implement changes based on input from multiple sources.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and hit deadlines in an effective and efficient manner.
Application Guidelines: When applying for a position at Hinge, send an email to email@example.com with your name and the position title in the subject line. Please include a link to your reel online, and attach your cover letter, resume, and reel breakdown in PDF format.
967 total views, 1 today