Full-Time Storyboard Artist
We are looking for experienced Storyboard Artists on an upcoming project! This is a perfect opportunity for an artist who has a couple of projects under their belt and is passionate about drawing and translating the story into a visual medium. Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
* Under the leadership of the Head of Story and/or a Senior Storyboard Artist, a Storyboard Artist, using designs, translates script pages into storyboard panels.
* Creates story sequences that reflect the emotional, action and or comedic intent of a scene/sequence.
* Actively participates in brainstorming sessions to come up with story, emotional and comedic ideas.
* Strong abilities to use staging, shot composition, screen direction and cutting for effective storytelling.
* Focuses on continuity from shot-to-shot in his/her assigned sequence in addition to collaborating with other story artists to ensure continuity from sequence to sequence.
* Depending on the project’s requirements, the Storyboard artist generates artwork ranging from thumbnails to digitally enhanced final storyboard panels.
* Collaborates with editorial to provide materials be cut into the story reel.
* Collaborates with pre-visualization artists to ensure a smooth transition into 3D.
* Interprets and implements notes and feedback from Director(s) and or Head of Story in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
* Adheres to digital file management protocols.
* Aligns and engages with the values of Rainmaker: a culture of community, connectivity, creativity and collaboration.
* Interacts respectfully and professionally with colleagues, staff members and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
* Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.
* 2-3+ years of experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
* Strong drawing skills with the ability to capture character action, emotion and attitude through storyboard panels.
* Excellent storytelling skills.
* Solid knowledge of film grammar, shot composition and cinematographic tools and their use for optimal storytelling.
* Ability to adapt to a variety of styles ranging from cartoony to realistic.
* Experience with digital storyboarding tools.
* Strong verbal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly.
* Practices attentive and active listening. Incorporates feedback and direction received from the Director/Supervisor.
* Open to and encourages feedback and new initiatives. Shares information and techniques with team members.
* Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Ability to work under pressure. Self-motivated and pro-active. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
* Makes decisions in a timely manner. Accepts accountability for own actions.
* Efficient and detail oriented.
* Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
* Ability to deliver work on time and meet set performance objectives.
Please send an application below if you are interested!
1638 total views, 30 today