Full-Time Senior Editor
Rainmaker / Mainframe Studios is in need of an Animatic Editor on an upcoming project! Under the guidance of the Director, the Senior Editor builds the story reel through assembling the storyboard panels and voice track. The Senior Editor plays an integral role in shaping the storytelling as it pertains to animation timing, pacing, staging and continuity and as the project evolves from storyboard panels through final picture. The Senior Editor handles fine cutting of material through the various stages of the process.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Follows the established style of performance for the project and mentors as necessary.
* Advanced story telling skills and a deep understanding of the animation process in order to best guide and support shot/sequence translation to creative and optimal entertainment.
* Advanced understanding of the needs of the Story, Previsualization, Animation, FX, Lighting and Compositing departments.
* Following the Lead Editor’s guidance, builds the temporary sound track by using stock sound effects and adding in the music track.
* Implements in latest versions of shots and prepares for dailies sessions. Assembles the reel for screenings as necessary.
* Uploads latest cut of sequences for reference and/or review by Artists, Department Supervisors, Director and Producer.
* Creatively place material in order to achieve optimal storytelling goals.
* Oversees all film editing and post production requirements for editorial as per the project’s schedule and is responsible for final delivery
* Sets and adheres to digital file management protocols.
* Motivates and mentors junior editors to consistently strive towards excellence.
Qualifications and Skills
* Excellent leadership skills inspiring the team to work as a cohesive unit and eager to put forth their best.
* Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects (i.e. DVDs, cutting trailers, music videos), while delivering on schedule to meet production objectives
* In-depth knowledge of the production tracking system, as well as production and post-production processes
* Ability to liaise with production staff, artists, and editorial team to clearly communicate shot changes, production and post-production processes, plans, and set clear expectations.
* Practices attentive and active listening. Shares information, methodologies and ideas with others.
* Ability to collaborate and facilitate feedback requested by executives and/or clients as required.
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task and delegate.
* Ability to predict potential problems and troubleshoot as necessary.
* Adaptable to change and able to alter course of action quickly per production needs; creatively solves problems, eliminates roadblocks and focuses on issue at hand.
* Timely decision making and accepts accountability for own actions.
* Self-motivated and pro-active, consistently striving to expand knowledge base.
* Expert knowledge in using AVID is required.
* Prior experience using Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop and DaVinci Resolve is an asset.
* Colour knowledge and the ability to read a scope for colour is an asset.
* Ability to think like a film maker and supplement the creative vision for the project through editing.
Please apply on the link below if you are interested!
812 total views, 15 today