Pixeldust/PX2, a full-service production, design, and animation studio is seeking a rockstar Senior Designer/Animator.
We are located in Washington, DC, and New York specializing in Commercials, Explainer Videos, Network and Game Promos, Main Titles, Graphic Packages, Design System Toolkits, Branded Content, Logos, VR, Experiential and Game Design.
http://www.pixeldust.tv / http://www.px2.tv
We are seeking a talented, highly driven, and experienced Designer and Animator. The ideal candidate should be passionate about all aspects of design and animation. We are only considering candidates with a keen design aesthetic, along with a solid understanding of typography, illustration, composition, form, and color and an exceptional sense of timing and rhythm.
Along with those skills, we are seeking a candidate with a very broad range of design and animation styles and genres, a designer who is able to tailor their concepts to the wide range of our client’s needs.
An artist in this position will be expected to contribute conceptually, creatively, and technically to our projects. Our dream is to find someone who is able to design their own unique kick-ass pitch winning style frames as well as further developing and animating existing concepts by our creatives. We also expect you to effectively communicate your ideas with our creatives in working alone and as part of a team.
Our studios run on Cinema 4D (Experience with Red Shift a plus), and Adobe CC Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro). We would like to hear only from artists proficient in C4D and After Effects. Experience in Maya, Unreal Engine, or Unity a plus.
- Provide pre-production designs for pitching, including style frames, storyboards, and mood boards
- 2D and 3D design and animation for Commercials, Explainer Videos, Network Promos, Main Titles, Graphic Packages, Design System toolkits, Branded Content, and Logos
- Will work hand-in-hand with Creative Director, Art Director, and Project Producers and keep projects on time, under budget, and on brief
- Work during our office hours remotely during COVID-19
- 5-7 years of related work experience and a very strong design portfolio
- Must have advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite Applications (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of 3D applications (C4D preferred, or Maya)
- Must possess a solid understanding of industry trends combined with a willingness to explore new frontiers to create innovative design and animation
- Experience designing boards and style frame concepts is a must
- Must be willing to work remotely during COVID-19 Stay At Home Mandate but eventually transition to work within our Washington, DC, or NYC studio when it is deemed safe to return to an in-studio working environment
Please send us your reel/portfolio and resume along with an idea of your salary, your current availability, and a bit about yourself including your current city. The position is open immediately and only open to candidates based in the USA and Canada.
We look forward to hearing from you!