Fixed-Term Production Manager (animation) LONDON, UK
Full Time Production Manager
Level : Experienced
Job Summary and about the role.
The Production Manager assists the Production Team with the management of the production process from pre-production all the way through to post production and delivery.
The Production Manager will keep everything in the animation pipeline running smoothly by supporting all departments with their production requirements and supervising each department with schedule management while remaining within budget as dictated and set by the Producer.
Ultimately you are responsible for creating and maintaining asset databases and for tracking the delivery of assets and shots to third parties and interdepartmentally and will schedule and attend reviews and can be responsible for taking detailed notes for onward distribution.
The Production Manager will work with the Senior Producer and Creative Producer to effectively prioritize, organize and manage the workflow of the assets used in production. To delegate and supervise subsequent work in their assigned departments and to communicate effectively with the Line Producer and Production Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Producer and Line Producer to define, setup, and manage the schedule for completion of the work on the production.
- Collate and schedule the production diary for the Series Director, Producer and Line Producer with other key personnel to prioritize workflow to enable efficient review and creative process for animation production.
- Be familiar and manage the day to day schedule and be familiar with the production schedule of our third party service providers. Integrate the schedule of third party providers and services including but not limited to, the animation studio, the composer, post production providers and any other external sources / service providers.
- Schedule meetings and reviews due throughout the production schedule for directors and production team and take and distribute notes in reviews and sessions.
- Coordinate and collate all workflow from the Production Assistant and Post Production Supervisor to ensure integration and tracking of all materials related to animation production workflow, at each stage of the production including tracking the completion of assets and shots in our digital tracking system updating the Line Producer, Producer and schedule at all times.
- Create and manage animatic breakdowns from the storyboard delivery and cross reference from the script breakdown to ensure that the correct naming conventions are used when creating the animatic breakdown. You will oversee and manage the animatic breakdown until such time that the Animatic Breakdown is finalized and locked and delivered to the animation studio for ingest into their Asset Management System.
- Act as a liaison for all activities relating to assigned production(s). Find ways to assist and ensure that teams hit goals and deadlines.
- Meet with the Producer, Line Producer and the production team in general to discuss and troubleshoot priority issues (such as manpower issues, or schedule difficulties which might affect other departments down the pipe.) (daily, weekly, as needed) and provide administrative support.
- Communicate with the Producer and Line Producer to prioritize, and if necessary, adjust schedules as required (daily or weekly as needed) with strict regard to any budgetary constraints.
- Liaise closely with the Producer to manage the production within budget and on schedule.
- Track, document and report to the Line Producer and Producer on major creative changes that may result in potential budget/schedule overages in a timely manner.
- Produce and distribute the Production Report on a weekly basis which is a detailed weekly status report to Production Manager indicating departmental progress.
- Facilitate communication between all departments working on the project, from organising meetings in the office, to facilitating international calls / skypes.
- Provides administrative support and back up support to the production team including typing memos, documents and schedules, photocopying, computer data entry and filing.
- Develop and use planning systems and ‘work in progress’ tracking systems.
- Assists in the day to day running of the department(s), managing established schedules through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting.
- Mentor and supervise the Production Coordinators and Assistant.
- Facilitate career growth and training for department production assistants, junior staff and interns.
- Provide guidance and support to the producers.
- Facilitate interdepartmental and intercompany communication; to be the front face of the studio production with our Canadian animation studio.
- You will be a highly organised and efficient individual who thrives on working to tight deadlines, can think and react quickly in a fast paced and often pressurized environment.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years experience on a CG Animation Series as a production manager or 4 years as a senior production coordinator and are looking for the next career challenge.
- You will enjoy data wrangling and tracking.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with solid interpersonal skills to resolve conflict and promote a collaborative production environment to foster an atmosphere of cooperation and communication.
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail that is second to none. You will be able to prioritize and organise effectively and within a mutli-tasking environment.
- Strong computer skills with G-suite, Word, Excel and Shotgun essential.
- Knowledge of ftp software.
- Educated to Diploma level or higher.
⚡ Quick Apply ⚡
How to ApplyAbout Us
- 18-24 month Full Time
- Normal working hours 9am - 6pm
- Based in Central London
- Starting January 2021
- Salary competitive based on experience.
5823 total views, 68 today