Full-Time Layout Artist
Blink Industries are on the lookout for 2D LAYOUT ARTISTS to join us on an exciting new project. This role will be remote initially, but will eventually be based in-house in our studio in North London.
– Translate storyboard / animatic sequences into clear and accurate animation layout drawings, following existing concept art and brief from Show Director and Heads of Department, whilst adhering to and enhancing the show’s style, creative vision and storytelling goals.
– Define the perspective and framing of the scene with detailed background drawings and set up initial camera movements in After Effects.
– Successfully interpret the storyboard to create accurate and achievable staging by positioning characters and props in the scene at appropriate depth, providing a clear composition and choreography for where the characters need to move to over the course of a shot.
– Keep a consistent scale of the elements within the frame and carefully consider all influencing elements, for example rough lighting of key scenes, to maintain continuity and verisimilitude.
– Respond to, address and implement creative and technical feedback as necessary, supporting the team with fixes when required, including combining frames / updating shot durations to match edit according to review notes as needed.
– Ensure all files are setup and completed in a timely, efficient and clean manner, complying with technical standards to ensure an efficient workflow throughout the pipeline, for handover to background painters and all connected departments.
– Previous industry experience as a 2D Layout Artist, in an animation production studio or creative agency, preferably working on TV Series. Level of experience required dependent on role being applied for – we are looking for Senior, Mid level and Junior Layout Artists.
– Proficient industry experience with Photoshop and After Effects essential, ToonBoom Harmony desirable
– Exceptional draughtsmanship skills, particularly in representing depth and perspective, and ability to adapt to the required design style of the show
– Great sense of character posing and awareness of scale
– Excellent sense of composition and ability to successfully interpret concept art and storyboard panels into achievable staging for animation
– Aptitude for storytelling and alertness to continuity
– Meticulous attention to detail and fastidious nature when it comes to checking your own work
– Good understanding of animation principles and pipelines
– Good sense of timing and camera mechanics and techniques
– Proactive approach to troubleshooting both technical and creative challenges and positive approach to addressing feedback
– Strong ability to multitask, work to tight deadlines and stay calm and diplomatic under pressure
– Comfortable communicating with a wide range of personalities
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
– This is a contract position, fixed term PAYE.
– The role will be remote initially, but will eventually be based in-house in our studio in North London. Therefore candidates must have a valid work permit for the UK and be willing and able to work on-site as soon as it is safe to do so.
To apply, please send your showreel or portfolio, CV (in word doc or PDF format) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Layout Artist Application”.
Closing date: 29th May 2020
1838 total views, 31 today