Full-Time 3D Artist
We’re looking for an artist skilled at creating architectural environments, hard-surface props, terrains, vegetation, and vehicles who has a good eye for composing scenes in real-time applications. The ideal candidate has experience creating content for projects that strive for photorealism, and is eager to suggest, evaluate, and implement new solutions for content authoring. We are based in Palo Alto and Vancouver.
• Excellent grasp of 3D content authoring techniques, including:
o High-poly and game-resolution modeling and UVing,
o Texturing (PBR workflows, texture baking),
o Modular set construction,
o Shader and material creation, manipulation, and application.
• Enjoy working in collaborative environments and have strong communication skills that allow you to describe your process well
• Proven ability to identify areas of improvement for both individual assets and fully composed 3D scenes
• Good time management skills, and an ability to provide accurate time-to-completion estimates for their tasks
• 2+ years professional experience (including internship or post-grad experience)
• Experience working with Houdini, Substance Suite, SpeedTree, Unreal Engine 4, and/or Quixel Suite
• Experience in procedural environment workflows
• Concept experience (3D with paint-overs or traditional 2D)
• Fluent in any development language (Python, VEX, MEL, C#, C++)
• Experience managing or working with outsourcing and define both clear and scalable content specifications
• Experience working in architectural visualization, and/or using advanced renderers (Vray, Corona, FStorm, Octane, etc.) to create photorealistic content
A DAY IN THE LIFE…
• Work in a fast-paced and quickly growing environment alongside a team of humble graphics, machine learning, and simulation experts.
• Create content to feed into and fill out a procedurally crafted 3D world in order to create synthetic data sets used to train autonomous vehicles.
• Work with the team and customer reports to identify areas in our worlds and data sets that need to be created or improved, craft a plan of action, and execute that plan in an iterative environment.
• And much, much more!
A portfolio review is required for this position. Please send us an introduction along with samples of your best work (ArtStation, personal site, .zip, etc.) to email@example.com to apply.
1019 total views, 19 today