Full-Time 3D Artist – Marmalade Game Studio
Marmalade Game Studio is looking for a 3D Artist to work as part of our award-winning games studio and help us to build on the success of Monopoly, Cluedo, Battleship, and The Game of Life, our most recent hits. The ideal candidate is creative and enthusiastic with previous experience in game development.
We love what we do, and love working alongside other people who share the same dedication to quality. Come and join us in our new state of the art offices in central London!
This position is full-time and on-site. During the lockdown, the successful candidate will be required to work from home.
- Create high quality 3D art for all aspects of game art across a range of art styles.
- Work closely with the rest of the art team to transform concept art into an appealing 3D and fully realized world.
- Create quality assets whilst maintaining the creative vision and technical specifications.
- Actively participate in design, technical and artistic problem solving.
- 3D artist with enough portfolio work showcasing their artistic and technical skills.
- Excellent 3D modelling skills and UV layout suited to mobile platforms, efficient use of limited polys and textures.
- Professional level familiarity with a chosen 3D software (3Ds Max, Blender or Maya) as well as a real-time game engine (Unity, preferably).
- Experience in general asset creation, and one or several of the following: Animation, rigging, environment, hard surface, shaders, lighting.
- The ability to follow pre-established art styles in 3D.
- Comfortable with getting feedback from team members, art leads and management.
- Ability to create 3D textures from scratch.
- Experience working with version control software (Perforce, preferably)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Good time-management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to effectively multi-task across differing projects and styles
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for board games (both for professional reasons and because we like to have more players for our lunchtime sessions!).
Optional but valuable
- Experience within the games industry, although we would consider graduates and industry entrants demonstrating a strong portfolio.
- Knowledge of other useful softwares (like Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop and/or 3D Coat) is a plus.
- Particles, shaders and animations in Unity.
- Competitive salary
- Share options scheme
- Discretionary bonus system based on performance
- Company pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Health Insurance package
- Life insurance
- Regular social events
Are you our next superstar? Join us on the Marmalade adventure!
If you are selected for an interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
1636 total views, 32 today