Full-Time 2D Lead Character Designer
Do you dream of crafting fantastic worlds and lovable characters? Do you want to make awesome cartoons with incredibly talented teams in a state-of-the-art studio?
DHX Media – Vancouver is looking for a 2D Lead Character Designer to join our team!
Bring your experience and ingenuity to the team as a Lead Character Designer on this new, unannounced show with a familiar face (or is it a familiar show with a new face?)! If you enjoy working on a cartoony and gag-driven show with strong posing and hilarious expressions, this is your jam. You’ll have to apply to find out more!
You will get to:
• Work closely with the Art Director to understand show concepts and style
• Translate character description and attitude from script to visual design
• Create engaging and performable characters, from initial rough drawings to final designs
• Create model sheets of character turnarounds and facial/anatomical expressions
• Submit multiple design variations and revisions based on feedback, collaborating with the Art Director to ensure that the quality of design is up to studio standards
• Collaborate with other designers and departments to ensure smooth deliveries throughout the production pipeline
• Mentoring other designers, providing extra support to newer artists
You will be a great fit on our team if…
• You have the ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team environment
• You’re able to professionally and productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
• You are well organized and possess good time management skills
Specific skills we’d love to see…
• 4+ years’ experience designing characters for an animated production
• Exceptional drawing and design skills, and proficiency in the style of show demonstrated in your portfolio
• Intuitive sense of what makes a character appealing and appropriate for the needs of the show
• Demonstrated ability to mentor others is preferred
• Strong understanding of proportion, balance, perspective, dimension and dynamism
• Knowledge of 2D design software (Photoshop/Toon Boom Harmony)
• Thorough understanding of 2D animation and how your designs will be used throughout the production pipeline
• Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school
Why work at DHX Media?
DHX Media delivers content that inspires, entertains and connects. But we create more than just animation, we build worlds and experiences for kids around the world. At our studios, quality, creativity and fun go hand in hand! Our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure – while enjoying awesome benefits, perks, and a whole lot of fun along the way. With some of Canada’s top creative talents, our studios are bursting with energy. So what are you waiting for? Come join us!
THANK YOU to all those who express interest in being a part of the DHX Studios team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted. DHX will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
1085 total views, 21 today