Full-Time 2D Animator/ Artist (onsite) – Arizona
***PLEASE NOTE: This posting is for an on-site position. Please disregard “anywhere” label for the job***
Using storytelling and artistic talents, the Animator creates and brings to life images in narrative sequence for various entertainment media, including film, television, and games.
• The animator is responsible for reading written scripts and understanding animation requirements needed for the project.
• Animators must work with the director to develop conceptual designs for characters and setting.
• Must be able to develop conceptual storyboards for initial phases of production and finalized storyboards illustrating a visual frame by frame of the entire sequence.
• Works within the bounds of 2D animation to create a narrative sequence from start to finish.
• Prior Experience in 2D frame by frame animation
• Proficiency in Toon Boom Harmony animation software
• Ability to sketch and work in both physical and digital formats
• Creative visual storytelling skills with presentation abilities
• Ability to interpret written scripts and translate to a visual, frame by frame layout
• Comfortable working within deadlines and budget restrictions
• Ability to work within and/or lead a team of other animators on a project
• Knowledge of the animation process from start to finish
• Ability to communicate with the director and project managers on the development and progress of the production
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON-SITE AT STUDIO LOCATION: 2085 S Bluejay Drive, STE 101, Gilbert, AZ 85295 (United States)
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and After Effects Experience
• An understanding/ability to composite and light scenes in an animated project
• Digital Painting Experience
• Background Composition and Design Capabilities
Must be able to speak, read, and understand English. Ability to read and interpret scripts and production documents. Ability to write progress and production reports.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Artistic Skills – Has knowledge and previous experience in hand-drawn art in both physical and digital platforms; Has a wide variety of drawing capabilities and can work within various art styles; Can easily communicate a story through visuals.
• Creative Development Skills-Can identify key visual elements in a written script, has out-of-the-box thinking and unique ideas for bringing characters and stories to life.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and obtains clarification as required; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports other’s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 per year. Full Time Employees are eligible for 120 hours of PTO and 7-10 paid holidays per year. Full Time Employees are also eligible for benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and short/long term disability.
CONTACT: Krystina Owens: email@example.com
2073 total views, 2 today