Full-Time $100k/year Chief Academic Officer
Emile Cohl Art Academy’s mission is to promote unrevealed Talents by providing them a super intense and high-end fully-sponsored education. With a merit-focused selection, we tend to turn skilled Talents into structured, innovative and polyvalent desirable profiles.
We are looking for an outstanding senior instructional leader to serve as Chief Academic Officer (CAO). The CAO will work closely with, and directly reports to, the President to articulate and refine the academic program, manage Emile Cohl Art Academy’s principals, build systems and processes that will support Emile Cohl Art Academy’s growth over time, and ensure that Emile Cohl Art Academy’s Talents achieve excellent academic outcomes.
Ensure excellent academic outcomes
• In partnership with President and the Ecole Emile Cohl (France) staff, articulate and strictly apply Emile Cohl Art Academy’s Vision of Excellence for instruction and academic culture, and invest instructors, speakers and leaders in this vision.
• Build systems and processes that will allow Emile Cohl Art Academy to both serve our Talents academically and grow to scale over the coming years.
• Serve on Emile Cohl Art Academy’s Executive Team; help drive organizational strategic decisions that will ensure Emile Cohl Art Academy is able to grow while still providing the highest quality education for our Talents.
• Ultimately, own the responsibility for ensuring that Emile Cohl Art Academy’s Talents receive an outstanding education that prepares them to succeed in their targeted industry.
• Participate as needed in any other aspects of the company operation.
Recruitment, retention and development
• Hire, manage, grow, and retain a team of instructional leaders, under the supervision of the Ecole Emile Cohl (France) staff.
• In partnership with the President and the Ecole Emile Cohl (France) staff, be part of the Talents enrolment process.
• In partnership with the President, lead the Student Assistance Program.
Be Emile Cohl Art Academy’s eyes and voice
• Develop personal and professional credibility, gain respect, and build trust internally and externally.
• Build strong relationships with C-level executives from the Animation, Gaming, Illustration and Visual Effects industries, including Talents Acquisition Departments.
• Understand, acculturate, and positively contribute to the culture of Emile Cohl Art Academy.
• Serve as school spokesperson; determine the appropriateness of requests for information and formulate content, timing and manner of release to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness of disseminated information.
• Develop significant, positive and trustworthy relationships throughout the organization. One important relationship to note is with the Board of Advisors, which is responsible for overseeing Emile Cohl Art Academy’s strategies and actions.
WE MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
• You have experience serving as an instructional leader.
• You believe deeply in Emile Cohl Art Academy’s mission, and in our ability to achieve ambitious goals.
• You believe deeply in Emile Cohl Art Academy’s vision, which is exclusively dedicated to figurative representations. The Emile Cohl Art Academy is not a contemporary nor conceptual art school.
• You have successfully managed and developed teams by creating a feedback-rich and data-driven culture.
• You are able to interact productively with staff, instructors, students, general public and the press.
• You have deep experience using academic data to drive instructional and curriculum strategies.
• You are a systematic thinker who has successfully built processes and systems that have helped instructional leaders and instructors be more efficient and effective in their work.
• You believe that success starts with hard working, and the ability to wisely collaborate with students & instructors.
• You are always looking to grow your own expertise and practice and seek out resources and best practices from others.
• You are an artist yourself.
• You deeply adhere to and am willing to be an active supporter of the Emile Cohl Art Academy Student Charter displayed in the Student Handbook.
• You have effectively implemented instructional leadership best practices, including providing observation feedback, leading data meetings, and executing other Leverage Leadership techniques.
• You have extensive connections in the Animation, Gaming, Illustration and/or Visual Effects.
• You are prepared to challenge conventional wisdom when necessary and have the ability to command respect through presence, business knowledge, and a practical understanding of the financial aspects of education business.
• You have excellent analytic and complex problem-solving skills.
• You have strong leadership abilities.
• You are fluent in French (big plus).
• You have the ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as maneuvering in classrooms and office space-reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, and making phone calls. You are able to sit for up to eight (8) hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing.
• You have access to a vehicle (and valid driver’s license).
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Highly competitive compensation.
• Three (3) weeks maternity/paternity leave at 100% pay for all staff, regardless of gender, after six (6) months of continuous employment with the company.
• Fifteen (15) paid vacation days per calendar year. All vacation must be taken during the calendar year to which they apply upon request and approval by the President one (1) month ahead. Vacation days can be taken after the completion of six (6) months of continuous employment with the company. After the completion of this period, the employee will be credited with eight (8) days paid of vacation. The remaining seven (7) days of vacation will be credited after twelve (12) months of service. Vacation days must be requested by Employee in writing. The employee earns one day of vacation per year of employment.
• Five (5) sick days per calendar year. Proper documentation from a licensed care provider will need to be provided for each sick leave days
• The following public holydays: New Year Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and following day, Christmas Day, One (1) day of your choice between December 26th and 29th.
• Laptop computer for professional and personal use.
• Partly-covered cell phone plan.
• Partly-covered health insurance plan.
• Cover letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Portfolio & demo reel
• One-page explanation of teaching philosophy
Emile Cohl Art Academy does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Emile Cohl Art Academy is committed to maintaining a safe and secure campus environment and protecting the school’s financial and physical assets. Therefore, Emile Cohl Art Academy conducts background checks. Applicants may also be required to consent to a credit check as part of the background check process.
1107 total views, 1 today