3 Easy Ways to Attract More Applicants And Hire The Best In 2022
The introduction of employment-related platforms like LinkedIn, together with the establishment of an online presence, has facilitated the publishing of job offers and the recruitment of applicants.
However, although this may be easy for large organizations that receive hundreds of applications every day, it may be more difficult for small businesses to gain attention without their job postings becoming buried.
Nonetheless, there are several best practices and tools that companies may use to simplify and complete the hiring process.
Continue reading if this seems like something you’d be interested in. We’ll go through three simple ways to attract more applications and hire the best in 2022 in this blog post.
Let’s get right to it.
3 Easy ways to attract more applicants
In this section, we’ll look at three of the most effective ways to get more people to apply for your job and make them want to work for you.
- Write an appealing job description
Writing and posting an engaging job description is one of the quickest and easiest strategies to attract more candidates.
In this sense, you should structure it in the way that people expect to see it, avoiding being excessively wordy and maximizing white space.
Here’s how you should structure your job description:
- Company Description. Begin your job description by defining your company’s mission, key successes, and market positioning. You should not exaggerate the pleasant aspects of your company; it may come out as phony.
- A description of the job requirements. You must write exactly what you’re searching for in this part. As a result, you should include the requisite years of experience, degree type (if required), and other technical skills for the position.
- Job Duties. The goal of this section is to go into further depth on what the applicant will do if he or she accepts the position and joins your company. You can provide information about his or her daily tasks as well as who he or she will meet and work with.
- List of Desired Soft Skills. Technical skills are associated with the job’s actual abilities, but soft skills are more vital in order to thrive at work and collaborate. Communication, problem-solving, and adaptability are examples of soft skills.
- List salary and benefits. You may provide information on the income, including top and bottom pay based on experience, as well as incentives like pension plans.
Here are a few tips to keep into consideration when creating your job description:
- Use bullet lists
- Bold important words
- Get the job title right
- Create urgency for the position
- Be concise and short
- Avoid superlatives or extreme modifiers
- Implement an employee referral program
An employee referral program is a recruitment approach in which businesses entice current workers to recommend eligible candidates for open positions in their company by rewarding them for doing so.
An employee referral program’s core concept is that your employees will be better able to determine whether or not a candidate is a suitable match.
The need for an employee recommendation program stems from the reality that attracting and retaining top personnel takes time, effort, and money. Instead of scouring the entire candidate pool, having an employee provide you with an applicant is significantly faster.
That’s not all, though. There are several more reasons why an employee referral program is beneficial to businesses; here are a few of the most important ones:
- Your employees have a better grasp of what an available job role requires.
- Referrers will only present good quality candidates. Doing otherwise will damage their reputation.
- Those referred will feel obligated to the referrer to do a good job.
- The new hire is already working with someone they know. That makes onboarding simpler and provides a strong employee experience right off the bat.
- Leverage social media recruiting
With more companies and people using social media, the way job postings and recruitment are conducted has evolved dramatically over the years.
Companies used to just publish job offers on their official websites or on very particular hiring platforms, but now they’re doing so on social media as well.
Today, using social media to advertise your job offer and gain much more exposure is a great way to do it. Your job offer has the potential to gain a lot of exposure, and thus candidates, thanks to the shares, hashtags, and other unique features given by each social network.
You won’t have to fight to find suitable applicants or persuade individuals to submit their applications this way.
How to select and hire the best talents in 2022
Now that you know how to attract more applications, you should know how to screen them and choose the best candidates.
We’ll go through some of the greatest ways to do so in this section.
- Use a collaborative hiring software
From Recruitee’s website – https://recruitee.com/collaborative-hiring
When dealing with a large number of job applications, it’s practically difficult to imagine that one individual will be able to handle them all.
Instead, it would be preferable to have various team members participating in the assessment and selection process.
As you can imagine, doing this in a decentralized manner can be a mess.
As a result, you could find it useful to use collaborative hiring software.
In general, this type of software:
- Enable easy communication with teams across different departments;
- Let you scale the hiring processes with automation;
- Allow you to make informed decisions;
- Streamline the communication among team members;
- Make use of an assessment tool or software
From Recruitee’s website – https://recruitee.com/assessment
When you have a large number of candidates, conducting interviews with each one becomes nearly impossible. In this situation, you may conduct a preliminary shortlist by requiring candidates to complete an assessment test before beginning the interview process.
This might relate to their technical or soft abilities.
Regardless of the test’s subject, the outcome will help you determine whether or not a certain candidate is a suitable fit for your company.
Furthermore, most evaluation software assigns a ranking to candidates based on their performance, from best to worst. This will assist you in quickly identifying the best candidates with whom you should continue the interview process.
- Prepare the interview questions in advance
You could not be experienced in a certain area, and therefore be unable to ask the right questions to understand and evaluate the candidate’s competence, especially when hiring for highly technical professions.
As a result, it’s a good idea to plan the questions you’ll ask the applicant ahead of time to prevent awkward silences or the risk of appearing unprepared and unprofessional.
As a result, before beginning the interview process, conduct some research about the position you’ll be interviewing for and make a list of potential questions to ask.
Aside from the questions, you may want to look into what kind of replies the applicant would be able to provide you and what you should expect in order to assess his or her expertise and suitability for the job.
- Test candidates in real-time
You may evaluate applicants’ knowledge, experience, and capacity to work under pressure in real-time if you are concerned or suspect they will cheat on the assessment test.
There is a lot of software available now that gives you all the tools and resources you need to assess applicants during an interview.
You may choose the job they’ll have to do, set the time limit, and see how they approach the problem.
As you might expect, you’ll gain a greater understanding of how they could work, as well as their fit with the position and the culture at your organization.
- Put candidates in front of a real-life project or task
In lieu of or in addition to the real-time task, you may have top candidates work on a real-life project that they will be asked to do on a daily or regular basis when in the workplace.
You’ll be the one to choose the test project’s topic, timeline, methodology, and recommendations for successful completion.
This might be the final step in determining which candidate to employ for the position.
New technologies make it easier to attract and hire top candidates in 2022.
We’ve looked at the top three simple ways to attract more candidates and hire the best this year in this blog post.
As previously noted, software and tools help you to recruit top talent and evaluate them to discover whether they are a good match for your company.
As a result, you may utilize them throughout the whole employment process, from collecting applications to deciding who to hire.
Using them will undoubtedly save your business a significant amount of time and money.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. Hopefully, it was informative and helpful to you.
If you want to read more, please check out this article on the seven benefits of an online resume.
AuthorFlavia Silipo is a skilled SEO copywriter and digital marketing specialist with over two years of experience. You can find her on LinkedIn.